I think it's inspiring and fun to see what people are doing with wedding invitations – the possibilities for personalised stationary are endless. I stumbled upon the local me&e design collaboration, who are doing magical things from websites to weddings. I'm definitely putting them in my address book.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
So after blogging about how much I love Cath Kidston's stuff, I took a look at what was on offer... and as usual, I fell in love. Again and again. So, here's my top 10 on my Christmas wishlist.
- Messenger bag (I love the contrast of the antique rose floral with the striped strap.)
- Floral phone case (Practical meets pretty.)
- Sheepskin slippers ("with corsage" – bless!)
- Cherry umbrella (I love "birdcage" umbrellas – especially see-through ones so you can watch the rain – they somehow give you more coverage. Even though this one says it's for children, I think that's totally debatable!!)
- Laptop sleeve (Who doesn't love polka dots? And the leather zip detail is great.)
- Rose business card holder (Every busy girl needs one. What a brilliant stocking filler.)
- Holiday bag (So useful, a real investment (all those things I say when I buy a new bag!) and it would go perfectly with...)
- ... this Travel set (A great gift – perfect for the jetsetter. Also available in polka dot print!)
- Provence rose cup and saucer set and cake stand (The name says enough – her crockery is so cute, it's hard to pick one and I love cake stands, too. I would obviously need one to match the teacups, obviously. Okay, technically these are two items so this list has gone up to 11!)
- Sewing basket (Because I sew... Okay, sometimes... Okay, I may be getting carried away!)
Looking for festive inspiration, I found Eat Drink Chic. The gorgeous blog is hard to leave! I can't wait to get stuck into the DIY section. And the blog's author is a fan of Cath Kidston which says something about her impeccable vintage kitsch taste. (BTW – How quaint are Kidston's holiday designs?!)
For more commercial Christmas ideas, I also found Hostess With the Mostess.
These gorgeous Love Bird Salt & Pepper shakers – "Love, Rest, Dream, Nest". What a fabulous local blog and online shop – In Good Company! I definitely will be spending some Christmas love here. I mean a whole section on ribbons!
Friday, December 3, 2010
I got to spend a lovely evening with the fabulous girls of my Book Club, and managed to top up on Baby Birdie's favourite gift cards from entrepreneur StrawberryJan –Bluebird, LoveBird and Tweetingbird. Check out her other gorgeous designs, plus Christmas cards and tags, and order online here.