Thursday, April 15, 2010

My LookBook1: Only Boys Wear Blue



I woke to the sound of rain being whipped against the window by gusts of wind. Like most mornings, rain or not, I could think of nothing better than staying in bed all day. And, like most mornings, I attempt to remain under the covers for as long as I possibly can, by planning what I'm going to wear that day, rationalising that it'll save time later.

It normally starts with shoes, which are dictated to by the needs of the day (Meetings? Will I be walking anywhere? Going for a drink after work?) and the weather. I decided today was a brogue day. And so the rest of my outfit was born. I love wearing my boyfriend jeans with brogues; love the combination of blue and tan and love incorporating more masculine clothes into stylish, feminine work looks! Following the emerging theme, the most sensible and natural choice was my boyfriend's light blue shirt, cinched in at the waist with a cream and tan belt. I accessorised with silver bangles, delicate leaf-shaped earrings and one of my favourite hats – a wool, checked fedora in grey, blue and tan – that I picked up in a thrift store in Pennsylvania. It's amazing how an outfit can change your mood. Today, I feel comfortable, confident and in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment